Wednesday, February 23, 2011

One color, once a week, for one year...

Clearly, I'm not the best at blogging or keeping up with blogging. I don't have the best track record with this sort of thing. But as one my new year's resolutions I will work hard to change this. Having said that... For Christmas, my boyfriend of a million years (in cat years- and no I'm not kidding) gave me a DSLR Nikon D3100. I have to admit that I am in awe of it and am scared of it all at the same time. There is something about exploring new technology that can be bittersweet. I want to embrace using the new camera, but feel discouraged that I won't be able to operate or take the photos that I know I can take with my other cameras. I'm hoping that me and my Nikon can settle into a long, ever lasting friendship that will capture people, places, and events.

In an attempt to get to know one another, my good friend Molly has shared a photography challenge that she is sharing with her Nikon D3100, and friends Cyrena and Sarah. I asked if I could join them in this experience and see where it takes me and my Nikon. Here is the scoop:
They took a 64 box of Crayola Crayons and have selected 52 colors to locate, photograph, and post. One color, once a week, for one year. I'm excited for this journey and hope that you'll share this with me and my Nikon.

No comments:

Post a Comment