Sunday, February 27, 2011

3/6/11: Cerulean

CERULEAN

  • Introduced in 1990

St George's Greek Church
Manchester, NH

This Saturday, while driving home a Greek Church caught my eye. The architecture and design of the building makes it stand out from the dozen of other churches nestled within the city that I pass on a daily basis. If I had more time, I would have liked to venture inside the church to see what it looked like. I've never been to a Greek Church, or service. It would be interesting to check it out one of these days. But for drive by purposes, I thought the buiding captured the color, Cerulean well.
Snapping pictures of the church made me think of my distant relatives and family. My Great grandfather came to the United States as a stow away on a potato boat from Greece to escape the Nazis/German forces. According to my Nana, her father's family lived/owned land on the island of Lafkada. As kid, I've always felt like a Casadine (GH reference) and wanted to go back to regain control of our family's island that was lost/taken away. It would be a dream come true to travel to Greece and visit our island. I hope to one day soon make that dream a reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment