Sunday, February 27, 2011

1/2/11: Aquamarine


AQUAMARINE
Here are some fun facts about the color, courtesy of the Crayola website

  • Introduced in 1957
  • Ranked #5 out of America's Top 50 Crayons
  • Personality traits: tranquility, peace, gentleness
  • In Feng Shui, interpretted as "heaven's laughter"
  • The color blue causes the brain to secrete calming hormones

Windows of the Manchester Public Library
Since moving to the big city, I frequent here often for books, books on tape, and people watching.

My Mother's assortment of jewelry
My Mother has A LOT of jewelry, most of it costume style but I find her brave to wear the things she does. I am also impressed in her ability to wear it well! She can dress up any outfit with the sparkle and color splashes.


An extra special piece of jewelry.
This belongs to my Nana, who gave it to my Mother recently. It was a given to my Nana from my Grandpa when he proposed to her. He presented her with a necklace and a ring. What a guy! They've been happily married over 60 years!

No comments:

Post a Comment